Does Beetroot Improve Performance?
A new research suggests that eating beetroot prior to a workout session can boost performance. Dieticians claim that with beetroot a runner was able to finish almost 41 seconds earlier, which is strategic to winning or losing!
The benefit of beetroot juice has been speculated for a couple of years now.
- A UK study also confirmed that beetroot juice could help one workout or exercise longer.
- Beetroot is considered to be rich in nitrates. When consumed, they are converted to nitric oxide inside our body, which in turn dilates the blood vessels and improves the delivery of oxygen.
- Another research also confirmed that beetroot juice helped in reducing blood pressure levels.
- Beetroot juice is also said to increase the flow of blood to the brain in older people.
- On an average, beetroot is said to improve an exerciser or runner’s performance time by 3-5 per cent.
Beet Carrot Juice
1 medium sized beetroot
1⁄2 kg carrots
1⁄2 an inch of ginger (adrak)
2 tbsp chopped mint leaves (pudina)
Black salt, to taste
1 tbsp lemon juice
Mix all the ingredients together along with some water in a mixer except for black salt and lemon juice.
Strain the liquid.
Pour into a glass. Add some black salt and lemon juice.
Garnish with mint leaves and serve fresh.