Parmesan Spinach Cakes
Brain Boosting Recipes
- 150 gm fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan
- cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Freshly ground pepper and salt, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and run spinach in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a medium bowl. Add cottage cheese, Parmesan, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Grease four cups of the muffin tray. Divide the spinach mixture among the cups.
- Bake the spinach cakes until set, for about twenty minutes.
- Let stand in the tray for five minutes.
- Loosen the edges with a knife and turn out onto a clean cutting board or large plate.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with more
- Parmesan, if desired.